Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day!!

I feel so humbled to be a mother on this mother's day. I remember when I was a little girl, I love to play house with my siblings and cousins. I always wanted to be the Mommy. I have enjoyed being the oldest girl in my family to 6 younger siblings. At times I felt like I was the second mom in my family because I was always helping my mother do something for one of my siblings. As I got older I pushed those responsibilities to my younger sister. But I am truly grateful for these experiences in my life, I know that I wasn't always grateful for the chores and responsibilities that I had at a young age. I do know that they have shaped me to be the mother that I am today. My Mother never had the strongest parents in the gospel, but she was always the peacemaker in our home. She has more patience then I ever will have. She always found the positive thing in any situations. She attended church on her own a lot thanks to members that would pick her up to take her to church. She has made sure that when raising her children that the gospel was the center of our home. She taught me at young age to serve others in all that we can. I remember numerous times that I would baby sit my siblings so that she could go and serve others. We didn't have much growing up but my mother made sure she gave of what we had. I continue to learn from my mother. I am so blessed to have a mother like her.



I am also so lucky to be a Mother. It took years of fasting and praying when my prayers were answered that it was time for me to be a mother. I know that Heavenly Father knows what is best for us. He is always watching over us and will help us through our struggles. I have friends and family that struggle with being a mother. I know it is hard but just have faith. The lord has a plan and it isn't always the plan that we have in mind. Being a mother isn't easy, but it is well worth it. I know at times I feel like pulling my hair out, or I find myself crying in secret when I am having a rough day. The smiles on my children's faces or the silly things they say make it all better. I love my three munchkins.


Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mother's out there!!

Love you Mom!!



4 comments:

Emily Nutz O'Neal said...

Mom's really are the best aren't they? Your mom was great and so are you. Happy mom day.

Dee Dee said...

Definitely the hardest job in the world, but you're great at it! Your kids are adorable. Happy Mother's Day.

Staceygirl said...

What a nice tribute to your mother. I was hoping to be a mother of three by Mother's Day... darn.

Loree said...

what a sweet post valerie! I feel the same way about motherhood. I love my mama and so glad for the good example she is to me. you are a great mama too! love u friend :)